Monday, November 17, 2014

Heigl Hysteria Huh?

by Steve Reiss (Dalmdad Landscape Photography - www.dalmdad.com and https://www.facebook.com/Dalmdad.)

October 20-22, 2014: Shezhen, PRC - Shenzhen is a relatively new city in the PRC.  It is located just over the international border from Hong Kong.  Most of my work is in Shezhen and that is where I spend most of my work time.  However, I usually do a few back and forth trips between HK and PRC.

On this particular trip, I was put up by my client at supposedly one of the best hotels in Shenzhen.  The hotel was so nice that you could rightfully forget you were in Shenzhen.  Nothing I had ever seen in Shenzhen was this nice.  This was far nicer than the Treasure Hotel, in Long Hua, where I had been put up last time.  It was the porter at the Treasure Hotel who offered to supply me with female prostitutes.

Well, despite the number of stars this best hotel in Shenzhen had and the enormous size of the LED flat-screen television, the room TVs still offered only 2 English language TV channels.  One English channel was CNN from nearby Hong Kong.  However, because of the Occupy Hong Kong Protests, CNN was intermittently blocked and allowed.  The only other English language channel was some movie channel (e.g. HBO-like).

I was at this hotel for three nights. 

For the first night, the movie was Under Siege 2.  Under Siege 2 is not a bad movie, but not as good as its predecessor, Under Siege. Under Siege 2 has a famous scene in which Katherine Heigl sprays what she thinks is mace in the lead villain's face; only for him to then spray it in his mouth saying it was pepper spray and that it "clears the sinuses."


Heigl in Under Seige 2 - Age 17
For the next night, the movie was one of those rom-coms that I had no clue what was its title nor am I aware of any catchy dialogue (Assuming it has some).  However, I did recognize Katherine Heigl again. This movie was The Ugly Truth.


Heigl in The Ugly Truth - Aged 31


***
Two nights in Shenzhen, two nights of the actress Katherine Heigl.  I guess she is popular in Shenzhen.

***

No comments: